SkinPen® Skin Needling
Effective. Affordable Microneedling
SkinPen® has been clinically proven to safely and effectively treat facial acne scars for ages 22 and up. SkinPen works by triggering the body’s natural skin remodelling process that increases epidermal thickness, stimulates the extracellular matrix, and reduces inflammation. In simpler terms, your body is tricked into over-producing collagen and elastin, sending it where it matters thus improving the overall appearance of your skin. Not only is SkinPen clinically proven, 90% of clients have said they would recommend to their family and friends. (1)
For optimal results a minimum of 3 treatments spaced 30 days apart is recommended.
Benefits of the SkinPen Skin Needling
- Safe, with little to no downtime
- Works for 99% of clients (1)
- Increases collagen and skin elasticity
- Acne Scarring
How does the SkinPen® Work?
This microneedling device causes controlled micro-injuries that stimulate the body’s natural wound healing process. The micro-injuries trigger the release of cytokines and growth factors that lead to remodelling of collagen and elastin. Perfect for reducing the appearance of scars, stretch marks and fine lines and wrinkles!
Unlike some alternatives, SkinPen has been clinically proven to be effective for women and men with skin ranging from light to very dark. SkinPen treatments, when properly spaced and overseen, can be used for years.
There are three phases to the wound repair process:
- Phase I: Inflammation. Skinin needling involves piercing the skin which triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
- Phase II: Proliferation. The wound is re-built with new granulation cells, as well as a temporary (type III) collagen and elastin, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
- Phase III: Remodeling. The wound has been replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels. The type III collagen in the newly formed tissue is replaced with stronger type I collagen, which can contract to create a tightening or “shrink wrap” effect on the skin.
The total healing time depends on the individual. Most clients have some slight swelling and redness/pinkness which is like a mild sunburn. This can last for two to four days following the micro-needling treatment. Some clients heal completely in 24 hours.
Skin Needling Pricing
- SkinPen® single treatment face $350
- Package of 3 treatments $990 paid upfront on first treatment
- Package of 4 treatments $1,200 paid upfront on first treatment
SkinPen® Before & After
Ready to get started?
For a complimentary consultation, or to book in for a treatment, call SKYN 08 9389 9022 or request an appointment online.